Friday 2 August 2013

Polly Dolly gets a mini makeover.


It has been a long year since moving house. We have really loved it, but it has taken this long to actually get sorted. We have finally sorted out all the boxes and items in the garage and lock up that just get dumped after a move. The annoying thing is we did not really need any of the stored things anyway and they went to recycling or the tip. So I can finally say we are sorted, everything is in its place and I feel so much better.


One of the jobs I have wanted to do for a long time was spend some time on Polly Dolly. She has been sat in the lock up desperate for some TLC which she finally got. She was stripped, cleaned, paint work touched up, new floor and the I finally had the confidence to paint the kitchen. It was a tricky job as nothing could be removed but I did it and it looks gorgeous.



 Before




After

This was taken in the lock up but will get some cute shots this weekend as we are going Glamping.

One of the things I have been doing for many years is collecting the smallest bits of scraps of material from all my projects, including the 4  caravans. I knew that one day I would think of an idea what to do with them. Well I decided to make a rag rug. 




I spent a whole evening cutting the fabric into strips, then spent a week hooking all the fabric in the hessian. Its very addictive but very messy. There was cotton everywhere.



Luigi loved it too as its so soft. It now sits in Polly Dolly on her new floor. Its so addictive that my daughter who is leaving for Uni very soon, started making her own rug to take with her.



We were asked to host some guests for a weekend who were staring in a local charity event. The event was based around singers and dancers from the West End. I have to say we had a brilliant weekend and made some lovely new friends. 



This is my daughter with Zoe Curlett the amazing singer from musicals like "The Phantom of the Opera" and "Les Mis" and the handsome you chap you may recognise from the BBC show "The Voice" Jordan lee Davies. What voices!! They were rehearsing while my hubby and I were out working. The neighbours loved it and actually at one point wondered if it was me and Darren singing, ha ha I wish.

"Lola" found a new happy home with a lovely young family. I know their first camping trip was a success so here's to many more for them.

My latest article is now ready to view also, just click on the link below.

http://advice.caravansforsale.co.uk/caravan-tips-and-advice/the-polly-dolly-caravan-restoration-project-part-two.aspx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Clare, Polly's kitchen looks great & I just love your rag rug. I've never done this though it's on my 'to-do' list. What a great experience having the singers to stay, it's something you'll always remember. Are you still restoring furniture? cheers, Jan

    ReplyDelete